Sunday, November 13, 2011

Turkey Time

After hearing a friend tell a story of how her son's body healed itself of a milk allergy, my passion for removing soy from our diets has reemerged.  Daily considerations about diet and additives have led me to research soy-fed chickens and turkeys.  Yes, it's true, soy-fed chickens and turkeys do contain soy in their eggs and body tissues.  To test the water, so to speak, I removed eggs and egg products from my son's diet for a week.  Then, I sent him to school with an extra delicious cupcake.  That day, when I picked up the soy boy from school, I found a note from the teacher.  It read, "The cupcake may have been too much."  This was enough for me to consider the role of eggs and soy.  I am on a hunt now for soyless eggs, and I will post one turkey farmer claiming to use coconut based turkey feed.

No comments:

Post a Comment